dick hoogendijk wrote:

My unofficial take on it is that limewire is a peer-to-peer sharing
application used by Windows, Mac OS X and Linux users to share files,
usually music, often copyrighted, over the internet.  It is one of the
fastest, most effective ways to spread viruses, trojans, spyware, etc.

Is this your FreeBSD POV or more windows oriented?

The program does not use fixed ports, so the services are hard to
block.  In essence, the program gets the user to bypass security
measures from the inside.

I have never needed a block on limewire. Firstly, all main conmputers
run solaris and therefore also limewire on solaris and secondly, all
windows machines are virtual. So -IF- one of them is infected I just
put a recent snapshot ;-)

Limewire is a windows only application.
So how can you say it runs on solaris which is a flavor Unix?