--On Wednesday, February 11, 2009 14:34:07 -0600 Chad Perrin <per...@apotheon.com> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 06:17:27PM -0600, Paul Schmehl wrote:
--On Tuesday, February 10, 2009 17:49:08 -0600 Paul Schmehl
<pschmehl_li...@tx.rr.com> wrote:

> I just uninstalled Firefox v. 2.0.0.20 and then installed firefox v. 3.0.5.
> Which shows one firefox binary; firefox3.  Yet, when I start firefox and
> click
> on Help/About, it shows I'm running 2.0.0.20.  WTF?
>
> Anyone have a sensible explanation for this?

Never mind.  Rebooting fixed the problem.

Rebooting?  You shouldn't have had to do that.  At most, you might have
needed to restart your window manager and/or menu program.  If you were
starting Firefox from the shell, you probably just needed to enter
`rehash` to get it to recognize changes to what's in the execution path.

I had to reboot for unrelated reasons.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst