Hi,

We have a quite wierd problem which I would like to find an answer for,
here is a schema of the network:

<---- Internet ----> !1 Firewall A  !2 <----- Intranet segment 1 ----->
    |                         !3                          |
    |                          |                          |
  Host A                       |                        Host B

                      Leased Line/IPSec Tunnel

                              !1
                            Firewall B !2 <----- Intranet Segment 2 ----->

                                                 Host C

Firewalls A/B and Host B are running FreeBSD 4.6
Host C is a dual boot machine with FreeBSD 4.6 and W2K

Firewall A performs IPNat for all "inside" packets leaving trough the
"outside" !1 interface. The ipnat statement is:

map dc0 from 192.168.0.0/16 to any -> 0/32

What works:

Host B (Any OS) -> Host A
Host C (NT) -> Host A

What does not work:

Host C (FreeBSD) -> Host A

After a period of testing I have found out that by some unknown reason
IPNat on Firewall A will flatly refuse to NAT packets which come from
IPSec Tunnel and go to Internet and if the communicating host is FreeBSD.
Not only that, but IPFilter will will also fail to keep state of those
connections which went trough it. This is even more confusing because we
use DHCP on Segment 2 and it delivers the same IP to the Host C regardless
of its OS, when it is NT, everything works like a charm but when it is
FreeBSD connections fail. This is a really funky problem I have no
explanation for, did anyone ever seen something like that before ?

To add more to confusion: We also have an IRIX host on the Segment 2 and
its packets get natted without any problems.

Best Regards

Kirill