Fbsd1 wrote:
Matthew Seaman wrote:
Fbsd1 wrote:
In 7.1 phpmyadmin now drops you into a logon screen.
How do I stop this function and always go to main menu screen?

That's nothing to do with the FreeBSD version -- phpMyAdmin works the
same on any platform.

To make phpMyAdmin auto-login to a DB, you need to use 'config'
authentication mode.

  http://www.phpmyadmin.net/documentation/#authentication_modes

It's probably the least secure authentication mode provided, so you
should take further steps in your Apache config to stop the world
gaining access to your database.

    Cheers,

    Matthew

Read the user id info on mysql and phpmyadmin. It's so much overkill. Don't need to secure then at all. I have inhouse development box on private lan and mysql has always worked just fine with superuser mysql id of root without password. In the previous version of phpmyadmin no login id was required and I was able to see my DB definitions. Tried to setup config.inc.php by adding statement
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user']   = 'root';  but no joy.

What is needed in config.inc.php to allow the default mysql superuser user id root full access in phpmyadmin?

For the archives.
Figured it out for myself after much testing.

This is the contents of my working config.inc.php file.

 <?php
 $i=0;
 $i++;
 $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type']    = 'config';
 $cfg['Servers'][$i]['user']         = 'root';
 $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPasswordRoot'] = 'true';
 ?>