Eugene L. wrote:
Hello everyone, I have a FreeBSD 7.1-Release (generic kernel), and I am trying to make splash screen feature work properly, so I followed the procedure described in handbook and the splash screen actually loads, except the black is now white, red is violet, etc.

So all the colors of the bitmap are messed up, and I checked, they fit the requirements and I've tried other pics and pcx format. I tried gimp, photoshop. The issue isn't pic related

What could possibly be the reason?

I use Sapphire Radeon X1600 Pro AGP

Has to be your video card. If you have an X-desktop installed try displaying the splash screen and see how it looks there. The x-desktop should have auto loaded a driver for your video card. If the colors are ok them unplug your video card and try the motherboard default video.