Tim Judd wrote:

can't 'X -configure' generate a config for you too?

I've never used the xorgconfig -- and was taught to use X -configure

Let us know if that doesn't work or suit your needs.

--TJ
I`ve only used xorgconfigure and am a little newbie editing such files.
But by using the technique of creating the file as most of you guys mentioned and in addition consulting the xorg.file configured on another machine with xorgconfig I actually managed to piece together a working file with working mouse after adding serverflags etc....
Thanx a lot !!

Kenneth