On Apr 22, 2009, at 12:27 PM, Fritz wrote:
Hi,

As a big fan (and paying subscriber)

Interesting-- I wasn't aware that the FreeBSD project had a paid subscription model...?

...of FreeBSD it pains me to ask this question: When are you going to build
a modern installer for FreeBSD?

I looked at the list of projects and didn't see it there ... did
I miss something?

If you're asking for an installer which requires bitmapped graphics and won't work over a serial terminal or the like, well, I hope the answer is never. Some people have tried before and/or might still be working on a replacement, but thus far, nobody has written one which is widely regarded as better than sysinstall.

You might find this interesting to read:

  http://people.freebsd.org/~jkh/package-and-install.txt

Regards,
--
-Chuck