Hi,

I have a strange issue. If I type:

mount_smbfs //theu...@theserver/myshare$ /mnt/here

... I will be prompted for theuser's password, I type it, and the share will
mount fine. But I want this share to mount automatically at bootup. I haven't
been able to get it to work through /etc/fstab or through an sh script. In fact
typing:

mount_smbfs -N //theu...@theserver/myshare$ /mnt/here

gives me the following error:

mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = Authentication error

I have the following in my /etc/nsmb.conf file:

[theserver]
workgroup=MYWORKGROUP
addr=10.10.10.10

[theserver:theuser]
password=$$1571crypto'dpassword

I get the feeling that when mounting the smbfs share, it isn't even checking
the nsmb.conf file. I've also tried a plain text password, and also including
the same information in a /root/.nsmbrc file.

I'm running out of ideas. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan V.