That was true in the past, but today, it's much more complicated
than just regularing an article's quality over the price. You
can - without any problems - get crap for (too) much money. You
pay for a brand name, or a standard's name, but you get crap.

HP products (printers, cameras, and other office equipment) are really perfect examples.

I mean new HP products, not those 10-20 years ago where HP was expensive but really good.

Exactly. Even el-anachronismo dotmatrix printers could turn
simple text, transmitted to the parallel port, into printed
form. Today's el-stupido printers can't.

I don't agree it's bad idea of removing processing hardware from printer.
It's good idea as such processing is a blink of eye for today computers.

The problem is that there is NO STANDARD for raw bitmap printers.
If it would - then just adding this to ghostscript would be few hours of work.