Aloha,

I have had problems trying to install the new Xorg on Amd64 box with Nvidia card and also old trio.

I see many posts of issues on this on Questions List. Can I run the new Xorg on the Amd64 with nvidia or do I have to use i386?

Also is it possible to use an older version of Xorg to make a card work that was working on the older version. And can the hal setup be eliminated if it causes the video to fail?

I want to try the previously working box ( was Running FreeBSD 7* ) as a desktop with 8*.

Thanks for any help.

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
  + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +
  < email: n...@hdk5.net >