I followed the /usr/ports/UPGRADING recommendations
for upgrading from python 2.5 to python 2.6

# portupgrade -o lang/python26 lang/python25
and then
# cd /usr/ports/lang/python && make upgrade-site-packages

/usr/local/bin/python2.5 is now completely replaced by /usr/local/bin/python2.6 but my mailman software
mailman-2.1.12  A mailing list manager (MLM) ..
still wants it:

The cron entry that runs every 5 minutes, sends an error message to root ...
/usr/local/bin/python2.5: not found

mailman software has /usr/local/bin/python2.5 hardcoded in many, many scripts, cron etc...

How to solve this in the most clean manner?