DA Forsyth wrote:
On 22 Jun 2009 , freebsd-questions-requ...@freebsd.org entreated about
 "freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 264, Issue 3":

I am trying to find out the temperature of my CPU. After a whole night from dusk till dawn of searching the Web like a furious spider, I got the following results: it can be done via either ISA or SMB, with one of the ports: lmmon, healthd, consolehm or mbmon, and there are also few modules that are required in the kernel: smb, smbus, intpm, ichsmb

I used a TUSL2 board for a while for one of my servers and mbmon worked fine with it. I did have to compile mbmon without SMB support though (just look inside the Makefile for the right thing to define to prevent smb support). Then when you do a 'mbmon -d' it will tell you what it finds. I never even tried adding smb support to the kernel until after I upgraded both the motherboard and BSD to 7.1 and was curious to see what it might give me.

cya

--
       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research

Holy cahones de la... *skipping few languages* ...rear of Vyagrimukha and Leviathan!! I'm so happy, de merde!.. So, like... When installing mbmon, it gives you an option to disable SMB support; I did never even think about disabling it because where would it take the data from?!.. I do not have ISA or I2C, so SMB seemed like the only way. But, with this support, it's completely impossible to read the temperatures (and -d says that, like, ICH found but there is hardware monitor on it...), and when you disable this support - it reads everything properly!! Thank you very much, my new old CPU will now rest happily knowing that I always watch carefully after its temperature...