On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Daniel Underwood<djuatde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUESTION: Of the various modern Linux distributions, which do you
> prefer? and why?
>
> I'm very interested to see the spread of opinion about Linux
> distributions from FreeBSD fans.

Although I am hesitant to contribute to what will most certainly turn
into a flamewar, I have used Fedora, *buntu, and OpenSuse.  Of those 3
distributions, *buntu tends to install the least nonsense -- OpenSuse
the most.

When I do need linux for something, I try to use some Ubuntu variant
as I can have better control over what is installed.

Of course, when I can control it, I install FreeBSD, as I have greater
control over everything.

--
Glen Barber