> I have a number of ports installed on my 7.2Release box. When I issue
> pkg_info I see that I have both db41-4.1.25_4 and db46-4.6.21.4
> installed. Is there an easy way to see which program is linked to which
> db? Is this some sort of redundant listing and I really only have db4.6
> installed or can you have both side by side? My real concern is about
> which db backend my cyrus-imap-23 is linked against.

You can use ldd on the binary to see which libraries it's linked against.

Also, if you pkg_delete each of the packages, it will refuse to delete them
if they're still used by other packages, and it will tell you which packages
are using them.

(You can probably do that second one with pkg_info as well, but I don't
know the syntax off the top of my head)

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com