On Jul 13, 2009, at 6:27 PM, Karl Vogel wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:03:24 -0400,
Jon Radel <j...@radel.com> said:

J> Apache and Bind have both had their security issues over the years, and J> there's something to be said for running them on different servers to
J> reduce both the "all eggs in one basket" factor and the ease of
J> spreading an attack.  (Yes, I'm assuming what you're actually
J> running....)

   You can fix the security problems by dumping Bind and using djbdns.
   It's very easy to set up a caching nameserver without using all the
memory on your system. See http://www.lifewithdjbdns.com/ for more.

I actually do use djbdns. Super easy to use, once you figure it out.

-- John