Bernt Hansson wrote:
Matthew Seaman skrev:
Mark Stapper wrote:

In light of this, I would really enjoy seeing a "Ubuntu" like movement
in the FreeBSD corner.
What I mean is that it would be nice for my mother to install and use
FreeBSD.

It's called PC-BSD.

Have a look at Manolis Kiagias work at
http://freebsd-custom.wikidot.com/downloads-page

Haven't tried it my self, but it seems I'm going to.

Aloha,

Manolis download worked for me. I used it to install a 7.2 FreeBSD on a Sandisk Flash stick. And I can bring it up from the USB port on my netbook. Works fine except for printing on network. Have to work on setting up the printcap properly.

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
  + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +
  < email: n...@hdk5.net >