--On August 6, 2009 7:15:18 PM -0500 Andrew Gould <andrewlylego...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Paul Schmehl<pschmehl_li...@tx.rr.com>
wrote:
Can someone who has already done this upgrade suggest the best way to go
about it?  Do I need to completely uninstall kde3 first?  Is there an
upgrade path that's not fraught with gotchas?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst

Unless things have changed very recently, KDE4 is in its own directory
folder.  This may imply that KDE3 and KDE4 can coexist.

As always, YMMV.

I was looking for something a little more definitive, like I upgraded like this, and here's the problems I ran into.

I don't want to run KDE3 and KDE4 side by side. I want to migrate from the former to the latter.

Paul Schmehl, If it isn't already
obvious, my opinions are my own
and not those of my employer.