Have a clean install of 8.0 and trying to do cvs make install of port php5 just to turn on apache module. The php5 make install is complaining that autoconf262, pkg-config and libxml2 as non-existent -- dependency list incomplete. I installed these as packages and they show up in pkg_info. Only thing i can think of is the php5 make file is looking for the port make files of these so call non-existent ports to check that dependent is there when it should be checking the pkg-db to check if dependent is installed.

Question is how do I force the port make install of php5 to accept the package versions of the dependents so the compile will start?