Folks,

        Late last night i finally surfed into the ixsystems pages.
        WHile I haven't had a chance to check out the
        price/performance ration and compare it to other sites [[or
        maybe  I'll do yet another roll-my-own]], I did happen on the
        PCBSD link.  It really does look like FreeBSD people  who do
        *not* wish to invest 101% of their lives getting
        thing-to-work on the most stable OS ever.  My one question
        is: does at least everything that works under Ubuntu work
        under PC BSD?  I mean, things like setting my text fonts to
        international? and being able to stream what streams {say,
        "FRONTLINE" or NOVA} that PBS has.

        Can i drop in a CD or DVD that I got from my pvblic library
        and have it play without mucking around creating mount-points
        like /media/dvd/0 and /media/cd/0?  This is the latest thing
        to break with my 7.3RC.2.  The sound-juicer doesn't recognize
        my music CD whereas my Ubuntu does.   In other words, is
        PCBSD closer to the "Just-Works"{TM} side of things?

        tia, y'all!

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix