Though not 100% FreeBSD centric, my question, I know that disk partitioning experts are around here.
My noteook HD is a WD 5000BEVT, (500GB). Today I bought a Kingston SDnowV+
Solid State drive, 512GB, with the intention to make my notebook a bit faster. It's an Intel Core 2 Duo,
7400 CPU.

The WD disk shows as having 976773168 sectors (500108 MB),
the SSD has 1000215216 sectors (512110 MB).

At the moment I'm copying (dd) from the WD internal disk to the SSD which I had put into
an external SATA Icybox.

I'm hoping to be able to use my FreeBSD and Windows partitions afterwards somehow, possibly with some geometry tweaking or what. Due to the different disk geometry
I'm expecting that the partition table entries will be wrong.

Any clues how I should proceed when the copy will be done in 7 hours or so? (20MB/s is the transfer rate I got from a short test that I did before starting the big copy).

--
Christoph