On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Fbsd1 wrote:

SNIP alot of text not related to original posted question.

Can we get back on subject.

I have worked many years with ispf so decided to check out "THE"
I installed pkg_add -r the
entering "the" on the command line produces something that is far removed from ispf/pdf. manpage and website documentation for "the" really sucks. Think I need to create a default profile that activates ispf but have found no instructions on how to do it. Can not find "the" profile file on my system.

more help please.

I would infer from the responses to your original question that you probably got what the list has to offer on THE. It does not seem to be a very active project. If you can not find a mailing list or an IRC channel, you may well be stuck with figuring it out. I worked on SPF and wrote a monitoring tool for it back in the day. Kate (KDE) and TextPad (Winders) have most if not all the features I can remember as being things other editors do not generally have, e.g., block editing and collapsing code blocks.