Made this change:

<CODE>-----------
   LogMessage(DEBUG_0, "allocated %ld", malloc_usable_size(inst));

   free(inst);
   free(inst);

    return 0;
-----------</CODE>

Still no seg fault.

The reason im am doing this is that from top I can see the memory grow as I
connect to this app.
When I disconnect, the memory used ( as displayed from top ) does not decrease.

I tried:
<CODE>-------------

char *chunk;
chunk = (char*) malloc(1200000);
sleep(30);
free(chunk)
sleep(30);

free(inst);
free(inst);

------------------</CODE>

Top show the memory for the chunk section increase and then decrease  when freed

However, the when I leave the worker thread ( close the connection ), the
memory usage does not decrease.

The more connections I open and close, the faster the memory grows.

> --
>       Dan Nelson
>       dnel...@allantgroup.com
Please note: This email and its content are subject to the disclaimer as
displayed at the following link
http://www.is.co.za/legal/E-mail+Confidentiality+Notice+and+Disclaimer.htm.
Should you not have Web access, send a mail to disclaim...@is.co.za and a copy
will be emailed to you.