On 11/05/2011 18:35, Mage wrote:
On 05/11/2011 04:50 AM, Polytropon wrote:
On Tue, 10 May 2011 19:24:39 -0700, mohammad abedini
<abedini.erics...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I plan to make the FreeBSD installation with facilities in my state
This looks as if you want to create your own installation
media. The "make release" operation is intended for that
task.
However I (not the original sender) would like to create just a LiveDVD
from my install, because I upgraded to zpool version and didn't find any
official release or snapshot which can mount that. It would be only a
rescue DVD, not installer medium.

Is there a shorter way than make release? I don't even need a gui on
that DVD just some basic tools and zpool v28.

(i don't use zfs so not sure if this is feasible)
    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/install-advanced.html

I used the instuctions here to build a serial install disk which only required some editing of files before regenerating an install iso ( ie not from a running system),
maybe this would help you if you could add in the necessary zfs support

Paul.

         Mage

-------------------------
Paul Macdonald