Robert Bonomi <bon...@mail.r-bonomi.com> wrote:

> > Aug 31 05:13:24 da kernel: ad6: WARNING - READ_DMA UDMA ICRC
> > error (retrying request) LBA=107491647
> > ... I looked at bsdlabel a   it's partition f, /home. But what
> > is the file name?
>
> There's *no* easy way to find out.  You'll have to grovel through
> all the filesystem metadata, and the layers of index blocks for
> every file until you find the 'rgiht' one.

This is what "icheck -B" was for, but icheck(8) no longer exists and
that particular bit of functionality does not seem to be provided in
fsck(8).

One current userland utility (other than fsck) which does know
how to grovel through the metadata and index blocks is dump(8),
but you'd have to hack on it to report which inode was using a
particular block.