On 1/4/2012 8:01 PM, R Skinner wrote:
On 01/05/12 13:23, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
I downloaded FreeBSD-9.0-RC3-amd64-disc1.iso <ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/9.0/FreeBSD-9.0-RC3-amd64-disc1.iso> and burned the image to CD. However the CD does not boot. Just wanted to confirm that it is supposed to be bootable.

Also, is there a DVD version? I don't have many CDs around my house but plenty of DVDs. :)
Hi Drew, and welcome to FreeBSD.

How did you 'burn' the disc? As an iso image (in Windows) you can open any burning program and tell it to burn it as is; you don't need to extract any contents. This is the usual problem if it won't boot.

I used the Windows image burning tool on the one that didn't work. However I tried on another PC that had Nero Burning ROM. That one worked. Now I just wish the boot disk had an apparent way to enable ssh so I could install from another PC while browsing the web.

[snip]

Thanks,

Drew

--