Hi--

On Jan 27, 2012, at 12:38 PM, Kévin Hagner wrote:
> But now, during the compilation, my entire computer has planted, and I
> noticed that swap_pager emmited message in buckle on the tty1 like him :
> swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: bufobj: 0, blkno: 48002, siwe 4096
>
> After a check on the web, I found that it's principally a hardware error
> which cause this warning: hard drive, or cables...
> But it's nothing wrong in /var/log/messages, and all other files on the hard
> disk have, for the moment, no I/O mistakes.
>

> Do you have an idea of the source of my problem ?

Try running:

  dd if=/dev/_your_disk_ of=/dev/null bs=64k conv=noerror

...or install sysutils/smartmontools port and use it to run drive diagnostics.

> I'm running on a FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE, the file system used is UFS, I've 2Gb
> RAM and no "native" swap partition.

Oh.  You should never configure a Unix system without at least some swap space
available, and configuring at least as much swap as you have RAM (plus a little
bit more) is the minimum recommendation.

Regards,
--
-Chuck