I'm not 100% sure where else to ask this. I have an annoying window that disappears when I click close (ha ha, yes I know it will usually do that, but this one doesn't go away) but it is unable to cooperate with the system tray so it simply becomes "invisible", and hangs about in the background.

In my investigationings I had a brainwave that since I cannot change the program (not without enormous effort) in the short term, maybe I can find a way to terminate the program and manage it externally with a script.

So I'm looking to find a wrapper, or a script that can intercept the close event and kill the process (can't find a better way to handle it). Any ideas?

The DE is lightweight (Icewm, LXDE, similar) so the tray is either non existent or incompatible; the app itself is (#%$&!) java. Yep, thats right - it only speaks Gnome/KDE...

Cheers

Afterword: And yes, it took me that long to figure out the Java systray problem and the lack of a solution in my googling.