On 04/01/12 14:06, Outback Dingo wrote:
On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Erich Dollansky
<erichfreebsdl...@ovitrap.com>  wrote:
Hi,

On Sunday 01 April 2012 08:57:00 Da Rock wrote:
Did they come to your location and run a test to their equipment? My
neighbor had a recent cable outage of an existing cable on our block
that was too low  and a moving van hit it.
Apparently the Windows system works, so I'd assume all that side is ok-
just FBSD box is the issue.
so, there is some difference. The questions are there to find out what the
difference might be.

Erich
to me it sounds like a link negotiation problem between the network
interfaces, and auto-sensing not being able to sync
you might need to set the interface on the bsd box manually to see if
you can even establish link, once link is up dhcp should function

Exactly. But right now we can only speculate the connection type without ifconfig- it may provide some clues as to what it is supposed to be connecting to, and what settings may actually help. rc settings may enlighten further as well.