are showing me. Read performance OTOH is strange, zpool and systat both
reporting consistently an aggregated read speed of around 120MB/s during
the block read tests (which seems a bit slow for the drives - and indeed
systat reports the drives at less than 50% utilisation) but bonnie is only
reporting 35MB/s, I see similar discrepancies with simple dd block reads
to /dev/null, in which case my stopwatch agrees with dd.
no it is not wrong.

Do more tests (possibly your own doing heavy mixed workload) to understand well why you should not use this "last word in filesystems".

Discover it alone. I told already enough about it but it results in attacks from ZFS (and general "new technology") fanatics.