Those in on the core teams here are very well aware. Did you notice we've survived this long without ALSA? :-) However, this is very good reading for anyone who hasn't looked at Linux lately, and it's worth mentioning that this is snowballing quickly. I used to really like some Linux distros. I've been working closely with FreeBSD for 3 years now and after watching Linux change in those 3 years from this distance I'm not sure I want to go back. Everything that originally excited me about *nix operating systems is gone; it's a big convoluted mess now. This isn't a good sign and I hope someone has the sense enough to stand their ground and tell RedHat/Poettering "NO".

TEAR DOWN THIS WALL, MR GORB^H^H^H^HPOETTERING