I wanted to see if I could get an 8.1 system updated to 9.0 (mostly) with freebsd-update. I did this with a source update to RELENG_8_3 and then did the standard stuff to get to 9.0

perl and xdm both gave errors that libutil.so.9 was missing. scanning google and questions suggested this module was removed. Also in some basic way the ports make scripts view the system as an 8.X system as make index gives 'Generating INDEX-8 - please wait.."

Can this be repaired? Building from source is out of the question for this system.

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com
d...@safeport.com