On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 10:40:48 -0600, Brad Mettee <bmet...@pchotshots.com> wrote:

And in this particular case, the certificate is for www.freebsd.org and freebsd.org, and the browser is complaining because it's being used on wiki.freebsd.org.

No, the certificate being used on wiki.freebsd.org is NOT the one being used for (www\.)?freebsd.org.

http://i.imgur.com/WHg9hI1.png

If you're seeing the certificate from (www\.)?freebsd.org on the wiki site you either are a victim of a MITM attack or the specific regional FreeBSD webserver you're talking to has the wrong certificate configured. I'm not even sure if the FreeBSD website has multiple webservers based on geographical region.

If you're seeing the (www\.)?freebsd.org certificate on wiki.freebsd.org site please report which IP you're connecting to so we can start comparing notes. If we can prove there are multiple webservers/IPs hosting wiki.freebsd.org we need to contact whoever manages the webserver next.