On Mar 4, 2013, at 01:47, "Ronald F. Guilmette" <r...@tristatelogic.com> wrote:
> All I see is a pre-existing BSD partition being explicitly newfs'ed and
> then mounted, followed by some stuff being restored to that (clean)
> BSD partition from whatever is currently sitting on the tape drive
> called /dev/sa0.
>
> So?  What possible problem could derive from merely that?  I don't see
> any.

I guess the same text in the man page could be read several
different ways! The way I read it (which may or may not be
correct) is that the example given is an example of how to
use it *correctly*. It sounds to me like it's warning against
deviating too far from the steps given in the example.

I can see as how the text might allow other interpretations,
though!

        ~Ben
        (who is always careful to avoid using out-of-range values
         with mktime() when setting up lunch with promptness sticklers
         in Riyadh...)