"Don O'Neil" <li...@lizardhill.com> writes:

> I've got an older FreeBSD 6.1 install that will no longer allow me to build
> any software distributions. Any time I try to do a 'configure', the
> configure seems to run fine, then I get a "config.status: error: cannot find
> input file:". This has happened on several packages from several different
> sources.
>

> Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Is one of my binaries make
> corrupted possibly?

Unlikely to be a corrupted binary. Much more likely to be that configure
scripts are trying to use a file as input for their testing, and not
finding it. Tracking down *what* file they want shouldn't be too much
effort. If it turns out to be, you can always update to something recent
enough to be supported, but that's probably unnecessary for this problem.