On 04/25/13 06:31, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:52:17 -0500
"Mark Felder" <f...@feld.me> wrote:

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:34:30 -0500, Steve O'Hara-Smith
<st...@sohara.org> wrote:

You have updated to 9.1-RELEASE-p2 - but since there have been no
kernel changes since 9.1-RELEASE the kernel version message hasn't
changed.
This could very reasonably be regarded as bug in the update/version
reporting process but I wouldn't hold my breath for a fix, as things
stand
the version reported only changes when the kernel is updated, or if you
recompile it after the update.
It would be nice if the version of the OS itself was stored in something
like /etc/freebsd-version so you know what the version of the OS as a
        Yes it would.

sysctl kern.version