On Wed, 29 May 2013 10:01:53 -0400
Paul Kraus wrote:

> Agreed. When I first started dealing with Unix professionally (1995,
> I started playing with Unix-like OSes almost 10 years earlier) I was
> taught that each Unix command does one thing and does it well.

It would still just be doing one thing - sleeping. Support for units
usually comes under  "and does it well". I wouldn't want to have to
pipe df through awk to get MBs, or complicate "find" with arithmetic.

Unit support in sleep is a perfectly legitimate thing to ask for, I
don't think it particularly useful though, and leap-second support is
close to pointless.