On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 05:41:11PM +0200, Raphael Ahrens wrote:
> Ahh, thank you.
> ke...@kpa.biglobe.ne.jp wrote on Sat, 06.Jul.13 00:03:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, 5 Jul 2013 14:11:41 +0200
> > Raphael Ahrens <tant.sinnis...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > When I execute "cd /usr/ports/editors/vim; make config" I get
> > >   ===> No options to configure
> >
> > try: setenv WITH_OPTIONS=yes
> that did the trick, but I assume this is not the way it is supposed
> to happen.

The port maintainer has made it so, for reasons unknown. This is a marked
deviation from basically all other ports; the vim port is the only port
that uses WITH_OPTIONS.

The switch was dropped in r314778 of the ports tree:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/editors/vim/Makefile?revision=314778&view=markup
but it was brought back in r322016:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/editors/vim/Makefile?revision=322016&view=markup

I ran into the same issue because I installed vim when WITH_OPTIONS was
absent.

The best way to get around this issue once and for all is to add the
following to /etc/make.conf:

----- /etc/make.conf excerpt -----
.if ${.CURDIR:M*/editors/vim}
WITH_OPTIONS=YES