06.08.2013 22:58, Juris Kaminskis wrote:
after several trials and errors and reading through FreeBSD handbook I am
at dead end on how to proceed further, hope someone can guide me.

I always use foomatic for such things, it's quite easier to set up. For example I have:

hplj2420d|lp|HP LaserJet 2420|:\
    :af=/usr/local/etc/foomatic/lpd/hplj2420d.ppd:\
    :lf=/var/log/lp-errs:\
    :ppdfile=/usr/local/etc/foomatic/lpd/hplj2420d.ppd:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/hplj2420d:\
    :lp=/dev/ulpt0:\
    :if=/usr/local/bin/foomatic-rip:\
    :sh:\
    :mx#0:

I installed those ones:

print/foomatic-db-engine
print/foomatic-db-hpijs

This is local setup, but I think network setup can be done almost the same way. This printer was initially set up as a network printer but after Windows 7 emerged there were numerous problems with printing anything so I grabbed the box and converted it to lpd printer. Now everything works flawlessly for years.

In your case the key might be using correct filters to feed raw data to printer. Most winprinters doesn't know what ps is and require user to provide correct raw data.

--
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.