Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 10:28 PM
To: Eugene
Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org ; Daniel Nang
Subject: Re: Network Question

Eugene wrote:
Hi Daniel,

The easiest way is to check the LAN Config (or similar) page of the router. They usually allow one to specify fixed IP and hostname for the DHCP clients based on the MAC addresses.

Aloha,

For many years I have 8 Freebsd boxes behind a PF firewall on a static
labeled lan. Only one public address feeds the lan.  All the boxes can
work the internet and can ssh.

I found that easier than dhcp.