On 28. sep. 2013, at 00:03, Frank Leonhardt <fra...@fjl.co.uk> wrote:

> If I understand the way it works correctly, the resolver pulls a list of the
> NS and hard-sets the port number for each to 53 (via a manifest constant) .
> See libc/resolv/res_init.c. All you need to do(!) is change this to a value
> of your choice and recompile libc

Sorry, but this is startin to look a lot like a complicated solution to a
problem that isn't really there...

Why not just point from resolv.conf to localhost, run a caching and/or
recursive dns-server there, and point it whereever?

As far as I can tell, that'd solve everything, add caching, and let it all be
controlled from the config of the DNS-server?

Terje