On Mon, 07 Oct 2013 05:08:09 +0200
Bernt Hansson articulated:

> On 2013-10-06 21:31, Jerry wrote:
> > $ /usr/local/bin/firefox
> >
> > (process:71385): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
> > `sys_page_size == 0' failed
> >
> > This is all I could gather.
> >
> I get the same for firefox and thunderbird
>
> % firefox &
> [1] 37788
> %
> (process:37788): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
> `sys_page_size == 0' failed
>
> % thunderbird &
> [2] 38745
> %
> (process:38745): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
> `sys_page_size == 0' failed
>
> My guess it's related to glib.

I did a quick check with other users of FreeBSD & Firefox and they all
reported the same thing. Either the error is harmless or the FreeBSD
team doesn't give a crap about it. Either way, I would like to see some
sort of an official statement on it. Something along the lines of why
it cannot be corrected or is safe to ignore. A list of side effects
would be nice to.

--
Jerry ♔