On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 07:37:42AM -0800, yussef wrote:
> I'm looking to purchase a dvd burner for my desktop [currently running 5.1-release].
> My uses for the drive would be copying dvd movies as well as archiving system data.
> I was looking at the pioneer dvr-106 drive. However, from what ive been reading in
> forums and mailing lists, it seems like the pioneers dont always play too nicely
> under fbsd. anyone care to confirm or deny this?
> Any recommendations on dual format dvd burners and experienced burning on fbsd is
> much appreciated.

Yussef,

I have been using a Pioneer DVR-106 drive since August with 4.8.
It is in a 1394 enclosure and works fine so far for doing backups
for me on both DVD-RW and CD-RW.

I am using dvdrecord to burn both DVD's and CD's.  If memory serves
me dvdrecord is based on the last open source version of cdrecord.

The only "issue" I have at the moment is that I cannot use a UDF
file system which would be nice with DVD-RW's.  I'm sure someone
is working on it.  I've also thought of working on FreeBSD support
for it myself.

I can't comment about DVD+ because I have not used the drive for that.

Marc

--
Marc Wiz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]