Norhisham Khalil wrote:
i have error message on my samba server on freebsd 5.1

FreeBSD bsdbro.fc.com 5.1-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p2 #1: Sun Aug 24
16:48:49 MYT 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BSDKING i386

kernel: psmintr: delay too long; reseting byte count
kernel: psmintr: out of sync (0008 != 0000).
kernel: psmintr: discard a byte (1)

is this a sign of deteriorating harddisk?
or i need to tweak syscontrol?

This is the mouse driver complaining that it got out of sync with your pointer device. This can happen from time to time and is harmless as long as it occurs infrequently. At least that's my experience.

   Uwe
--
Uwe Doering         |  EscapeBox - Managed On-Demand UNIX Servers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://www.escapebox.net