Martin Schweizer wrote:
I've got some strange errors but don't no what they realy mean:

[snip]
Dec  8 09:47:52 saturn /kernel: swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: device:
#ad/0x30001, blkno: 52232, size: 4096
[snip]
Dec  9 09:40:27 saturn /kernel: swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: device:
#ad/0x30001, blkno: 3464, size: 4096
Dec  9 09:40:39 saturn /kernel: swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: device:
#ad/0x30001, blkno: 3464, size: 4096
Dec  9 09:40:39 saturn /kernel: swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: device:
#ad/0x30001, blkno: 14952, size: 8192
[snip]

Do you have some ideas?

This can mean that the hard disk the swap pager tried to access has a problem. This message doesn't necessarily mean that the operation failed, but that it took longer than 20 seconds to complete the swap request for a buffer, which is unusual for a healthy hard disk.

We had this once in conjunction with a dying hard disk which was fortunately part of a raid array, so it was sufficiently easy to replace the disk.

   Uwe
--
Uwe Doering         |  EscapeBox - Managed On-Demand UNIX Servers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://www.escapebox.net