[EMAIL PROTECTED] disturbed my sleep to write:
> would you be able to recommend a good (the best?) virus scanning utility for
> freebsd?

I've just set up ClamAV and have no complaints at all -- in fact, I read
somewhere that it was one of the first virus scanners to add a
definition for the SCO virus.  It's available in ports, so couldn't be
easier.

One thing to watch:  there's a bugfix that just went into the port on
Feb 10th; it prevents ClamAV from crapping out on a misformed attachment.
You might want to update your Ports tree using CVSUp before installing.

Hope that helps,
Hugh

--
Saint Aardvark the Carpeted