oXid wrote:

Hello Arek,

AC> On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, oXid wrote:

Hello,

I did to all my / chmod 777... i just wanted to test somthing, but it
was a bad idea :(
Now, i can't login under SU. The account is in wheel
group...everything is fine, but when i enter root password it says,
that it is incorrect.

AC> Before this changes (chmod ...) you can login as root via su on this user?

I can enter as root from console. But i can't enter as root, from ssh.
I have to enter as some user from whell then SU and etc...

Read /etc/ssh/sshd_config and find the line:

#PermitRootLogin no

Uncomment it and change no to yes if you really do want to permit direct root logins. It's generally thought to be a bad idea, though. Better to log in as a user and su/sudo when you need to.

PWR.