The major exception is HTTP (and the various things that layer on top of it) which carries the target hostname as part of the protocol. Unfortunately, HTTPS leaves you back at square one since it uses SSL directly rather than via some form of STARTTLS negotiation that might be able to send the desired hostname.

No it's not, HTTP points to a ip adres, the ip adres can have virtual hosts, it cannot send the request to pc1.my.domain.com if that matches or to pc2.my.domain.com

This can be done if you use a Reversed Proxy or an Gateway which can make the decision to send it to host x when the HTTP/1.1 request is Host: host x

Cheers

--

Kind regards,

Remko Lodder