Parv wrote:
It works for me now, too. When I was testing every (sic) combination last night, I wasn't always using xterm. Sometimes I used xfterm4 (the XFCE wrapper for xterm) and it DOES barf whether I escape, quote or whatever.

If you don't mind ... Does the xterm start w/ the given font string? Which type of font syntax -- string enclosed in single quotes or only the quotation of white space -- worked?

I did not use single quotes and I backslashed the spaces:

xterm -sl 3000 -fs 8 \
 -fa -bitstream-bitstream\ vera\ sans\ mono-medium-r-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I wasn't able to properly set the font size (using -fs 8) with the -fn option. I switched to -fa (and -fb) and it works like a charm.

Thanks for all your help!

--
Michael A. Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
($do || !$do) && undef($try); # Master of Perl, Yoda is. Hmmmm?