Vulpes Velox wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:15:25 -0700 (PDT)
> Luke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>There are several script kiddies out there hitting
>>my SSH server every day.  Sometimes they attempt
>>to brute-force their way in
>
> man login.conf for more info :)

I'm just guessing, but are you trying to tell me
that "login-retries" in login.conf is useful?

I have tried that by setting it to 2, but it seems
to have no effect on the sshd login behaviour.
I always can try the password 6 times:

  $ ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Password:
  Password:
  Password:
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:
  Permission denied, please try again.
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:
  Permission denied, please try again.
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:
  Permission denied
  (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
  $

So could you be a little more specific as to
where login.conf is of help here?

Thanks,
Rob.