Marty Landman wrote:

Want to install Apache and already have a copy on my LAN of apache_1.3.29.tar.gz; when going to /usr/ports/

# cd www/apache13
# make install
>> apache_1.3.27.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.

How can I get make to look for apache_1.3.29 instead of 1.3.27? Or is it possible for me to install "manually" instead of going through the ports collection?

Marty

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Search & Sort Easily: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal

You can install a newer release of apache by upgrading your portstree and than compiling it again ( use cvsup for the upgrading part: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html )

if you want to compile the exact version without the ports ( the linux way ) than you have to download the sourcecode from www.apache.org extract it, run a ./configure && make && make install to install ( see docs apache for exact install )

btw. why don't you use apache-2 ?

Frank Staals